Monday 7 March 2011

Spring is in the air.

Today I woke up a new man. I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder; winter is a very tough time for me (so bad in fact, that only the other day, I contemplated ending it all). Today is a good day however, because there is an abundance of sun and my flat is south facing. Today I feel alive, and despite my problems, I am resolved to enjoy myself. So, I want to revisit the wonderful and magical world of NLP.

Have you ever heard of the expression "chin up": This usually happens when someone wants to point out you look miserable and wants to lift your mood. Well, there is some justification in this statement and you can try it for yourself.

Try to think of something bad while looking at the floor and notice how you feel. Do the same exercise but look up at the sky. The difference is amazing: Just by changing your physiology you can change your mood - now that is magic. I have known about Neuro Linguistic Programming for quite some time now. The hard thing for me is to put it into practice so it becomes a habit.

There are many techniques that are very helpful in NLP. Here is a short video of an NLP mood changing tool called the SWISH pattern (Derren Brown uses this a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment